- 47 kilometers of slopes
- 23 km blue hills
- 17 km red hills
- 7 km black hills
11 lifts total (excl. magic carpets)
- 3 ski and snowboard schools
- 8 cozy alpine huts and restaurants
- Elevation: 1100 to 2400 m
- Dates & Times: partial schedule from End of November 2011 until Middle of April 2012 from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Grosseck-Speiereck ski area offers excellent snow conditions at elevations up to 2400 m, from the end of November until after Easter!
Grosseck-Speiereck Adventure Mountain is a top-quality, family-friendly ski area! You can set out to enjoy this mountain setting from both Mauterndorf and St. Michael .
Superbly groomed slopes at elevations up to 2400 m - which includes a new, magical and sun-drenched 9 km-long valley run to St. Michael dropping 1400 m in elevation, as well as the 5.5 km-long valley run towards Mauterndorf. Deep-snow slopes, a variety of superbly prepared hills of all difficulty levels, and so much more.
What’s new till the 2010/11 winter season
- New ski path (blue slope) next to the hill to St. Michael
- Second reservoir for 100% snowmaking coverage
- Expanded parking lot at the ski center in Mauterndorf
- Winter hiking paths at an elevation of 2,000 m
- Ski huts: Sonn Alm with self-service restaurant and menu for children and youths, as well as school and youth groups up to 17 yrs. old for € 6
- Best groomed ski area in 2008/09 ski area survey
- Free WISBI automated timing
- Schihütten: Sonn Alm mit SB-Restaurant und Menü für Kinder- und Jugendliche sowie Schul- und Jugendgruppen bis 17 Jahre um € 6,–
- Skiarena-Testsieger 2008/09, Kategorie Pistenpflege
- Kostenlose WISBI-Schirennstrecke
- Path of Legend: Glide along on skis or a snowboard through the world of Lungau legends, info boards by the valley run towards Mauterndorf
- Floodlit hiking trail from Mauterndorf to the ski center (length 1,500 m)
- Cross-country trail access right at the parking lot of the ski center
- Witch’s Forest - kids’ adventure ski trail by the Stockerboden lift
- Every Monday: “Celebration on the Mountain” with suckling pig or fondue meal and live music. Table reservations are requested, Tel: +43 (0)6472 20038, 6:00- 6:30 pm ride up the mountain on the 8-passenger cabin lift (handicapped accessible), lift returns at 10:00 p.m.
- Every Tuesday: fun and games in the snow under the lights at Mauterndorf ski center, starting at 7:00 p.m. free night skiing, starting at 8:00 p.m. demonstrations by the Mauterndorf ski school followed by ski instructor party
- Every Wednesday: 5:00-8:00 p.m. ski tour from the ski center to the Grosseck (touring equipment including headlamp required)
- Ice stock upon request
- Every Thursday: Hut Night with live music in the Schi Alm lodge at Mauterndorf ski center
- Every Friday: starting at 7:00 p.m. free night skiing at the practice lift in Mauterndorf, Schi Alm lodge open.
- Mauterndorf ski center with Schi Alm restaurant and après- ski, umbrella bar, Internet café, ski school and ski kindergarten, specialty sports store with ski and snowboard rental and new ski depot, shops, lift ticket office, as well as an ATM
- Smarty KinderLand, an area for our little ones separate from the main ski area, equipped with a conveyor lift, cable tow, funny characters, an igloo, teepee, and witch’s house.
- Ski kindergarten for children 2 yrs. old and up with lunchtime childcare
- 200 m2 children’s play area with a climbing tower, crawling mat, mini restaurant, and kids’ disco.
Hammer Ski Center
Snow Phone 0043 (0)6472 8008
Live Weather Cams: cable TV channel So7, ORF 2, TW 1 and 3 SAT